What’s in Your Diet?
If I ask about your diet, you naturally think about food, right?
But what if we include all kinds of things we consume every day? What does our “diet” look like for our emotions, our brains, or our social lives?
Consider each of these categories, what you consume, how it affects you – and where you can make some positive changes.
- Physical. This means training and eating right. Simple exercise tip: Don’t neglect resistance training. And this month eat more whole foods and less processed.
- Emotional. Take time every day to focus on the simple act of breathing, even if it’s just for a few minutes. Limit time spent scrolling social media – it just makes you anxious anyway!
- Intellectual. Always be feeding your brain with a book (an actual book, not on a screen). And did you know drinking sugary drinks contributes to Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia? So, do your brain a favor and dringk spring water or organic green tea, instead.
- Social. Nurture friendships that are good for you. End those that are not. Sounds brutal, but you don’t need to consume someone’s negativity if that’s all your getting from them.
- Spiritual. Say thank you for today, every day. And say goodbye to yesterday. If we fill our souls with regret, we’re poisoning the present and the future. Let it go.
- Environmental. Go to places and situations that make you happy, and avoid those that stress you out. “No” is a complete sentence!
Remember, you are what you eat. But you’re also what you read, believe, tell yourself, do with other people, and put into the world.
Life is a banquet. Here’s to making positive choices.
I’M OPENING UP A FEW SPOTS FOR MY SIGNATURE “TRIATHLON TRANSFORMATION” PROGRAM, ARE YOU IN? LET’S DISCUSS. SCHEDULE YOUR “TRIATHLON BREAKTHROUGH” SESSION TO FIND OUT MORE!
Click this link: http://www.scheduleyou.in/5ZIsVaU to schedule. This is a complimentary 30 minute session to ask me anything about triathlon, health and wellness or holistic lifestyle/ nutrition.
Erinne Guthrie is a USA Triathlon Level II Certified Coach since 1999 and Chief Motivating Officer at Full Circle Coaching, LLC since 2010. Creator of the 16 week Triathlon Transformation. She has been training, racing and coaching triathletes since 1997. She is also a CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach Level 3, USMS Master’s Swim Coach, Motivational Speaker, Metabolic Efficiency Specialist, Mom, Mermaid and much much more.
I like this blog. I try to include in my diet the pure truth of Gods word for my body and soul. Loving the unlovable. Great exercise for your soul and emotional well being. Being in the company of believers who encourage each other. Eat your veggies. Live by faith