Springtime strategies for your health
There’s just something powerful and restorative about spring, isn’t there? We want to get outside, enjoy the sunshine and the flowers, and – let’s admit it – maybe show off how we look at the beach or the park, right?
For some people, it’s hard to feel confident, though. And this year – after the pandemic and the horrible winter weather – it might be worse than usual.
Not to worry! Here are 6 easy springtime tips or better health and confidence.
- Set a date for a race or similar event. During the pandemic, most races were cancelled. But more and more races are happening and you can even do a virtual races. This is my best strategy to be accountable to your training. The date on the calendar helps you keep moving knowing you have to show up on that date and perform, at any level. You can sign up online and complete the course at a time you choose.
- Schedule workouts on your calendar. That way, you’ll remind yourself – and be less likely to blow it off. Everything feels more official when it’s on your calendar, right? I use Training Peaks App for myself and my whole team. I wake up every morning and there is my workout.
- Limit social media. Nothing makes me feel less confident than scrolling through Instagram or Facebook. Plus, if you stop looking at your phone right before bed, you’ll sleep better – which gives you mental and physical super-powers including confidence and better health.
- Work out with a friend. Go to the gym together, if that’s an option, or schedule runs and walks outdoors. You and your pal will keep each other accountable, and friendships are powerful tonics against the stress we’re all under.
- Have fun. Maximize the season’s positive vibes by doing something you actually enjoy – especially if you’ve been locked away all winter or doing something you didn’t even like. Studies prove we’re more likely to stick with exercise when it’s fun. Join a group like mine!
- Lay off the junk food and alcohol. OK, this is always good advice, but especially now when you want all the big assists you can get. Have some fruit and a glass of water instead. You’ll feel better and it’ll help you look better than eating chips and drinking another beer.
Let me know which of these you’re going to try and if you have other ideas!
Click this link: http://www.scheduleyou.in/5ZIsVaU to schedule your FREE Triathlon Breakthrough Session and let’s do it!
Erinne Guthrie is a USA Triathlon Level II Certified Coach since 1999 and Chief Motivating Officer at Full Circle Coaching, LLC since 2010. Creator of the 16 week Triathlon Transformation. She has been training, racing and coaching triathletes since 1997. She is also a CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach Level 3, USMS Master’s Swim Coach, Motivational Speaker, Metabolic Efficiency Specialist, Mom, Mermaid and much much more.