What Are Your Daily Non-Negotiables?
Sometimes the day gets away from you so fast.
You start with a list of good intentions, and then, bam! Work, family, traffic… all the stresses of daily life barge in, and suddenly that trainer ride or run is no longer on the calendar, and you’re tempted to think about hitting a drive-through window or, even worse- skip lunch altogether.
Well, this has happened to me less often since I came up with my Sacred 3. That’s my list of three non-negotiables, my small daily habits, no matter how busy I get.
You should try it! It’s super simple to do. Just take a few minutes to write down all the daily habits you currently do or wish you were doing. Then narrow it down to 1 to 3 items you can commit to without fail.
Be real with this. Remember how crazy things got last week… Or that day last month… Is something like that going to happen again?
Probably! Because life happens, despite our best intentions.
Here are some possible non-negotiables to consider.
- Drinking 1/2 of your body weight in ounces of water.
- Getting outside for 15 minutes.
- Closing your eyes and taking deep breaths for one minute.
- Eating five servings of fruits and vegetables.
- Moving your body with intention daily, even if it’s just a 15-minute walk around the block. (Remember, we’re going for the bare minimum here, so this isn’t a place to list “I will work out every day for 1 hour.”)
- Taking a moment to give thanks and write it down!
Does this list get you thinking in the right direction? The point isn’t to tell you that these should make up your own Sacred 3. That’s up to you!
Ever since I made my own list and then set about guarding it with a passion, I find that I have fewer days where I feel overwhelmed, like my life is out of control.
Every day that I can stay on track – even if it’s just with these three little things – is another day I’m not giving up, not falling back to old habits, and not despairing.
It’s a powerful tactic to shut out the noise and the stress of the rest of the world!
Do you know about my 16-Week (Virtual or In Person) Triathlon Transformation Training Program to help you get faster in your next triathlon in less time?
You’ll show up confidently at the start of your next race, swimming, biking, and running past the competition, sprinting across the finish line with arms overhead, knowing you nailed it.
Here’s how it works
You get the ideal process that makes you faster and stronger inside the 16-week Triathlon Transformation Training program.
Here’s why it’s different
With 26 years of coaching 1000’s triathletes, I discovered the biggest struggles are:
- You don’t know what you don’t know when it comes to learning the exact skills to succeed in the triathlon sport.
- Improving strength and increasing energy are the secrets to preventing injury and burnout.
- Other programs push athletes beyond their ability with wasted junk miles and excess volume leading to disappointment and failure.
- With my 16-week Triathlon Transformation Program, the focus is on you as an individual; your form, technique, strength, fueling, and mindset. Through video analysis, metabolic testing, holistic lifestyle coaching, and a supportive community, you will achieve all your triathlon dreams and goals to get faster in less time.
I’m only accepting five new members, so space is limited. Don’t delay your dreams another day!
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Coach Erinne Guthrie
Click this link: http://www.scheduleyou.in/5ZIsVaU to schedule your FREE Triathlon Breakthrough Session, and let’s do it together!
Erinne Guthrie has been a USA Triathlon Level II Certified Coach since 1999 and Chief Motivating Officer at Full Circle Coaching, LLC since 2010. She has been training, racing, and coaching triathletes since 1997. She is also a CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach Level 3, USMS Master’s Swim Coach, Motivational Speaker, Metabolic Efficiency Specialist, Mom, and much more.