Unravel The Limiting Beliefs That Are Holding You Back
Beliefs are just thoughts repeated, right? We’ve all heard that before or read it on a coffee mug or Pinterest board.
And it’s true. If you think you’re a smart, hard-working, good person – and then repeat that thought over and over — then you’re going to face the world with a positive attitude about yourself.
Unfortunately, it works the other way around too, as so many of us know. Have you ever thought any of these about yourself? And then repeated them, like, a million times until the thoughts become your beliefs?
I’ll always be too fat.
I’ll never make it.
Nothing ever goes my way.
I’m always injured
I’ll never be fast
I’ll never be good enough
These are highly common self-limiting beliefs. We all have some like them. Maybe they came from a childhood trauma or insult – and the wound caused us to repeat a thought so many times that now it seems like undisputed truth.
But it’s not. It’s just what you’ve been telling yourself about yourself.
The good news is this: You can change your self-beliefs by changing what you say about yourself!
- Stop comparing yourself to others. There will always be someone who seems to have more … or be more … or do more. Just be YOU.
- Notice what thoughts about yourself pop into your head. What are the circumstances? Are there any common threads?
- Dig into your past to think about where they might’ve come from? I personally had a 3rd grade teacher bring me to the front of the class and show everyone how terrible my cutting skills with scissors were. Believe it or not that has stayed with me for decades! Despite all the many successes I have had in school and business. I keep a list of all my successes when I think I cannot do something I have the desire to do
- Next, try to turn around a negative thought. When you tell yourself that you’re not successful in life, think of something that you’ve done well – a new job, a relationship, good relationships with your family, etc.
- Then say it out loud and repeat the thought over and over: “I’m smart and successful and often achieve my goals.”
This doesn’t have to take a long time to bring lasting change. It’s a form of self-care to grant yourself the empathy and support you would a friend.
We’re here to help you build new habits to turn those negative self-beliefs into empowering tales of your fabulousness. Let’s do it – together!
Curious about Full Circle’s Triathlon Transformation program?
You too can become the triathlete you always dreamed of! Use this link to schedule your FREE Triathlon Breakthrough Session Now! WWW.SCHEDULEYOU.IN/5ZISVAU
Erinne Guthrie is a USA Triathlon Level II Certified Coach since 1999 and Chief Motivating Officer at Full Circle Coaching, LLC since 2010. Creator of Triathlon Transformation. She has been training, racing and coaching triathletes since 1997. She is also a CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach Level 3, USMS Master’s Swim Coach, Motivational Speaker, Metabolic Efficiency Specialist, Mom, Mermaid and much much more.