Checking your Progress in the New Year
Checking Your Progress in the New Year
Here we are in March already. How did that happen so fast?
Let’s pause a moment to check-in and see how you’re doing compared to your expectations back on January 1.
Everyone can benefit from taking inventory and changing directions where needed.
- Ask yourself how it’s been going so far in 2022. How do you feel? Are you healthy? Thankful? Hitting your target race/ training goals?
- What are some highlights of the year so far? What has held you back?
- Consider the goals you set for the year, look back at your list to see progress you have made.
- Measure your progress. Literally, measure it. If you wanted to get down to a 1:45 / 100 meter swim, or a 10 minute mile, and you are making progress, then you’re right on track. (And if you’re not, that’s OK, too. We’re just talking about simple math to get you thinking in the right direction.)
- Maybe you have not hit the target goal yet but you are getting closer to the time goals you set. Keep it up. Give yourself a little reward of encouragement.
- If, on the other hand, you’re unhappy with your progress, then look back on the year (No. 1 and No. 2 above) and see what was in your way. Maybe you had a huge work deadline, or a family issue, or you’ve been sick. The point here is to identify a possible problem, acknowledge it, and let it go.
- Your review might reveal instead some areas for improvement. Maybe you need to add another skills workout to the week, or adjust your nutrient density in your food choice. Maybe you need to keep a journal or enlist a friend as an accountability partner, or even hire a coach!
Don’t judge yourself harshly. Remember that you’re being SO TOTALLY RESPONSIBLE by conducting this status check.
See where you can improve, think about how you can make those adjustments, and continue on your journey, with a smile on your face and the March wind in your sails.
Curious about Full Circle’s Triathlon Virtual Skills Camp? We start next Monday- Register here.
You too can become the triathlete you always dreamed of! Use this link to schedule your FREE Triathlon Breakthrough Session Now! WWW.SCHEDULEYOU.IN/5ZISVAU
Erinne Guthrie is a USA Triathlon Level II Certified Coach since 1999 and Chief Motivating Officer at Full Circle Coaching, LLC since 2010. Creator of Triathlon Transformation. She has been training, racing and coaching triathletes since 1997. She is also a CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach Level 3, USMS Master’s Swim Coach, Motivational Speaker, Metabolic Efficiency Specialist, Mom, Mermaid and much much more.