Learning to Love Yourself
I want to share something important today – something really personal for me that has made all the difference in my health and happiness.
I love myself.
Now, I couldn’t always say that. I didn’t always love myself – or even care for myself much. It would be an understatement to say I had low self-esteem.
At several points in my life, I struggled with my value as a person.
I wasn’t sure of my purpose.
Questioning whether I was worthy of love or health or abundance.
Do you ever feel that way? I know many people do. And it’s easy to see why.
Our lives are so stressful, and we’re told over and over that we’re not enough, doing enough, thin enough or pretty enough, smart enough or rich enough…
Well, I’m here today to tell you that you are, in fact, enough.
TOTALLY ENOUGH. Just as you are. BUT, you have to know it too!
You can learn to love yourself by taking positive steps every day. You don’t have to wait for the sky to open, or for an all-powerful moment of clarity.
- Take care of yourself physically. That means eating right, exercising regularly; swim, bike and run!
- Don’t smoke or drink too much. And if you have trouble with any of these, seek the help of a professional or 12-step group.
- Socialize, even when it’s hard to make the effort.
- Enjoy and appreciate your body and all the wonders it can do. Our society wants us to feel bad about what our bodies can’t do, about how our bodies look. Learn to call BS on that everywhere you see it.
- Express love for others and accept it when it’s offered unconditionally.
- Pursue a spiritual path, whether it’s at a traditional house of worship or something else altogether. Being connected to something more powerful than us enriches our lives on a daily basis.
- Give of yourself by volunteering or being of service to others.
- Express gratitude. Silently. Vocally. In the morning. In the evening. Any time and everywhere.
- Create on a regular basis. Paint, sing, crochet, draw, make clay pots, write poetry… Art is powerful, and it’s not just for professionals.
Ultimately, it’s up to you to let go of all the self-doubt and limitations that have been foisted on you over the years. But you can get closer every day by taking action steps like these, and more.
It takes effort. But remember: You’re worth it.
Curious about Full Circle’s Triathlon Transformation program?
You too can become the triathlete you always dreamed of! Use this link to schedule your FREE Triathlon Breakthrough Session Now! WWW.SCHEDULEYOU.IN/5ZISVAU
Erinne Guthrie is a USA Triathlon Level II Certified Coach since 1999 and Chief Motivating Officer at Full Circle Coaching, LLC since 2010. Creator of Triathlon Transformation. She has been training, racing and coaching triathletes since 1997. She is also a CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach Level 3, USMS Master’s Swim Coach, Motivational Speaker, Metabolic Efficiency Specialist, Mom, Mermaid and much much more.