When making decisions about your life, it seems like everyone has an opinion sometimes. It’s
enough to make you wonder: Whose life is it, anyway — yours or “theirs”?
Are you accountable for your wins but not failures? Do you try to please everybody, and then
point a finger when things don’t go according to plan?
If so, you’re not alone. This is natural, given your goals, relationships and commitments. So,
take a moment to reflect – and realize that your life is yours and yours alone. Seize the concept
of extreme ownership and personal responsibility for everything in it. How you interpret and
react to people, places and things is KEY to living your most empowered and happy life.
That’s a tough concept, isn’t it? Especially when there’s so much in life we can’t control. Life
gets difficult and even messy. So, how can you be expected to “OWN” everything in it?
Well, the concept or “extreme ownership” has taken off in many circles, including some in
Corporate America, where executives are taught to be accountable, have a plan B, lead big
teams, and hit their goals. It’s also the title of a best-selling book by a couple of Navy Seals, also
known for delivering under pressure. They offer seven lessons we can all apply to our lives.
- Seize accountability. When something goes wrong, figure out what happened so you can learn from it.
- Standards are what you tolerate. So, stand for excellence.
- Understand your why. Be sure you’re clear about your motivation.
- Develop a simple plan. Remove complications, roadblocks and doubt.
- Make choices based on your priorities. What are the most important tasks you face? Do them first.
- Trust yourself and your advisers. Sometimes you can figure it out yourself; but realize when you need advice or help, and then get it.
- Discipline brings freedom. By practicing little acts of discipline, like making your bed when you wake up, you’re creating the mindset that will drive you through each day.
And why should we do all of this?
Because by taking “extreme ownership,” we’re extremely more likely to get the life we want.
Simple as that.
If becoming a faster and stronger triathlete is something you want, practicing extreme ownership is sure to help you achieve those goals.
MY 16-WEEK TRIATHLON TRANSFORMATION TRAINING PROGRAM IS DESIGNED TO HELP YOU GET FASTER FOR YOUR NEXT TRIATHLON IN LESS TIME THAN OTHER TRAINING PROGRAMS.
The Triathlon Transformation Program focuses on you as an individual; your form, technique, strength, fueling, and mindset. Through video analysis, metabolic testing, holistic lifestyle coaching, and a supportive community, you will achieve all your triathlon dreams and goals to get faster in less time.
If you want to show up confidently at the start of your next race — swimming, biking, and running past the competition, sprinting across the finish line with arms overhead, knowing you nailed it — then this program is for you.