Assistant Coach/Trainer Application
If you have enthusiasm, a positive attitude and a few basic fitness skills, I have a fun and fulfilling triathlon coaching/training position for you!
First of all, I appreciate your interest. It’s my hope that you have precisely what I need in a trainer so I can put you to work in this fun and rewarding position that I am offering to triathlon, swim, bike, run or personal trainers.
Note: You must have an excellent attitude and be a people person.
So let me tell you about me, my company and this position.
My name is Coach Erinne Guthrie and I own and run a triathlon, fitness and nutrition coaching company called Full Circle Coaching in Miami, Florida. My business is dedicated to helping women and men achieve their triathlon and fitness goals through customized nutrition and fitness programs and business is booming!
I’m looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic person to assist with training some of our current clients.
We’re fortunate to have great weather in south Florida, so we meet around town near Brickell, Downtown, Coconut Grove, Coral Gables, Key Biscayne and Miami Beach.
I currently offer one-on-one customized triathlon and nutrition programs as well as, group coaching which educate, motivate and support individuals on a path to improve their health, fitness and to meet their triathlon goals.If you are hired for this assistant coach/trainer position, you’ll begin helping clients (outdoors at various locations) between 2 to 4 days a week for 1–3 hours per day (starting at 5:45a.m.) Monday through Saturday.
You will be paid as an independent contractor, and have the opportunity to move up to higher pay and additional hours after a 60-day trial period. Our set up offers a casual, fun environment, training equipment, and the opportunity to learn the inner-workings of a successful triathlon trainer. This is a great opportunity to work in the field of triathlon as a paid intern.
Oh yeah, I’m also very fair, respectful, and appreciative. I like having fun and making money providing highly valuable services and products. You will be compensated fairly, treated fairly, and I will certainly look for ways to pay you more for your efforts if they warrant it. I want someone who enjoys working with people and making a difference in the lives of others…because that’s what we do at Full Circle Coaching.
Tasks you’ll be expected to perform:
- Develop comprehensive triathlon programs for clients. You’ll receive coaching and training but you’ll have the flexibility to incorporate your training style and knowledge.
- Tracking client progress. To ensure a client’s success in our programs, you’ll need to track weekly progress, current successes and challenges, review client nutrition and exercise log worksheets, and more on a weekly basis. It will be your job to hold a client(s) accountable to his/her health and fitness program to ensure the best results possible.
- Perform fitness evaluations. Ideally, you’ll have some fitness assessment skills and can test for: body composition, body weight, girth measurements, blood pressure, heart rate, and various strength and flexibility tests. You do not need previous experience, but if you do, that’s a bonus.
- Coach clients through specific triathlon programs. You’ll be responsible for weekly exercise sessions and keeping detailed weekly progress reports on the clients you’re working with. If a client is having challenges throughout his/her program, you’ll coach and motivate them, and make appropriate changes to ensure consistent progress.
- Demonstrate proper exercise instruction. This is a big one. I need you to be able to provide proper coaching, instruction, and motivation during a client training session. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc.), and be able to provide appropriate exercises for client’s goals.
- Provide ongoing health and fitness education. Our clients rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a fitness coach to provide your clients with health and fitness education on various topics that empower them to lead healthy lives forever. You’ll be provided with educational tools and resources, be expected to study them, and speak about them with your clients. We also spend time covering this in our weekly staff meetings.
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
- Good communication skills. You will be talking with my clients, who are VERY important to me. You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone, and know how to conduct yourself professionally and deliver clear instructions to the clients. I’ll teach you everything you need to do during a training session, but I can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
- People skills and personality. You must LOVE working with people! As mentioned above you must be very comfortable working with people. This is an exciting studio and you must be able to show your clients energy and excitement while working with them.
- Health and fitness education. You do not need personal training experience, but you should have a working knowledge of health and fitness.
- Social Media Posting. Take pictures during workouts, write captivating messages, tag accordingly, post to share on our social media platforms.
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because they are not mandatory).
- Previous personal training experience (fitness studio, health club, in-home trainer, etc.)
- Basic nutrition knowledge
- National certifications
- CPR certified
I’m looking to hire the right person quickly. If this job sounds good and just what you’re looking for, then complete the form below and we’ll contact you soon: