How Yoga Benefits Runners/ Triathletes
Five Reasons Why Runners & Athletes Benefit From Yoga
Courtesy of Level Yoga in Vero Beach, FL / firstname.lastname@example.org
1. You’ll breathe better: In yoga you learn to breathe from your diaphragm which helps to better oxygenate the blood. A good breath builds stamina and endurance, keeping you energized and alert through each stride of your swim, bike or run.
2. You’ll train your brain: Yoga teaches you to be present in your body in the moment. You’ll notice when your body is tensing up and how to release unnecessary tension in order to get the most out of whatever you are doing.
3. Increases flexibility: This one is a given! With more flexibility comes better range of motion, giving you an advantage in your sport of choice.
4. You’ll cultivate balance: A lot of yoga poses increase your sense of balance. Whether you’re strengthening your ankles by standing on one foot or creating balance by doing the same posture on both sides.
5. You’ll build strength from head to toe: Runners and triathletes tend to have strong lean legs and rowers build strength in their core and upper bodies. A well rounded yoga practice tones, strengthens and lengthens upper body (hey chaturanga!), core (hello boat pose) and lower body (thank you warrior poses).
These are just a few reasons some of the top athletes in the world practice yoga regularly! Did you know Mick Jagger is a yogi! His stage presence is a sport all on its own!
If you are interested in learning more about Full Circle Coaching, call/text us at 786-586-6057 today or better yet, click this link: http://www.scheduleyou.in/5ZIsVaU to schedule your FREE Triathlon Breakthrough Session. This is a complimentary 30 minute session to ask me anything about triathlon, health and wellness or holistic lifestyle/ nutrition.
Erinne Guthrie is a USA Triathlon Level II Certified Coach since 1999 and Chief Motivating Officer at Full Circle Coaching, LLC since 2010. She has been training, racing and coaching triathletes since 1997. She is also a CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach Level 3, USMS Master’s Swim Coach, Motivational Speaker, Metabolic Efficiency Specialist, Mom and much much more.