Time-saving strategies to prioritize yourself
Managing your time is all about expressing your priorities.
So, when you habitually say things like, “I don’t have time to: exercise, stretch, strength train, eat smart, etc.” then you’re essentially saying this:
My health and happiness are not priorities.
Please, stop saying that!
Here are a few simple time-management tools to prioritize yourself in your own life. Think about how you can apply them to use YOUR time effectively.
- Just say no. Crazy concept, right? You don’t have to do everything someone asks. You don’t have to take on every responsibility. “No” is a complete sentence.
- What do flight attendants always say? “Please secure your own oxygen mask before helping someone else.” That’s a good lesson on the ground too. If you can’t take care of yourself, you’re not going to be any good to another person.
- Wake up 30 minutes early. Depending on your family and work schedules, this slight adjustment could start a chain reaction of time savings. Think of what you could do before anyone else wakes up and the daily rush starts.
- Limit screen time. We used to say watch less TV, but now we should include Internet and video games, too. I’m not saying you shouldn’t enjoy them. But if you’re searching for time to exercise, you can start right here by cutting an hour a day three days a week.
- Conduct walking meetings and lunches. If your desk-bound for calls and Zoom meetings, try to arrange just a couple a week while out for a walk. Similarly, if there’s an individual you need, then schedule a time to walk together or while on the phone. It’s fun, social, and gets good ideas flowing. (And, yes, it saves time!)
- Seize the time you save on commuting. More people are working from home nowadays, and that means tons of time back in your column since you don’t have to commute every day.
Which of these are you going to try? Do you have any time-saving best practices?
Click this link: http://www.scheduleyou.in/5ZIsVaU to schedule your FREE Triathlon Breakthrough Session and let’s do it!
Erinne Guthrie is a USA Triathlon Level II Certified Coach since 1999 and Chief Motivating Officer at Full Circle Coaching, LLC since 2010. Creator of the 16 week Triathlon Transformation. She has been training, racing and coaching triathletes since 1997. She is also a CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach Level 3, USMS Master’s Swim Coach, Motivational Speaker, Metabolic Efficiency Specialist, Mom, Mermaid and much much more.